High Quality Low Energy Buildings for the future.
Passivhaus buildings provide a high level of occupant comfort, while using very little energy for heating and cooling. The ‘Fabric First’ approach will achieve a premium standard of construction, superb comfort and low running costs.
A Passivhaus will be built with meticulous attention to detail; rigorous design and high quality construction. These principles have been developed by the Passivhaus Institute in Germany and can be certified through an exacting quality assurance process.
Passivhaus is a ‘Performance Standard’ is not necessarily a design style, and therefore can work with any design the client may desire, including traditional or contemporary designs.
Advantages of Passivhaus:
- High levels of thermal comfort – the temperature is consistent in all corners of all rooms throughout the year.
- Low energy costs – particularly the heating.
- Environmentally friendly – low energy use and long lifespan of the building.
- Healthy environment – particularly the air quality.
- No drafts – drafts are uncomfortable and can make the interior of a building feel 2 degrees colder.
- Low levels of noise – almost no external sound transfer.
- Energy security – generally it is accepted that energy costs will rise in the future.
- Enhanced lifespan of the building – due to the quality of the construction.
- Enhanced value – potentially enhanced value of the building
We offer our services to suited clients, to utilise our skills and passion to design and realise a high quality, low energy project; either residential or commercial. Our experience enables us to provide our clients with designs that fulfil their requirements whilst achieving high quality architectural solutions.
If you have a project that would benefit from our service, then we would be pleased to discuss your requirements with you.
Below is a list of some UK Passivhaus projects that we like.
- Carrowbreck Meadow Norwich
- Oak frame Lakehouse Gloucestershire
- Diagram showing the basic principles of PH
- Hadlow College Kent
- Social houses Wimbish, Essex
The links below will detail more information about the principles. If you would like to commision a new Passivhaus standard building we would love to talk with you.
Passivhaus Trust (UK) – http://www.passivhaustrust.org.uk/
Passivhaus Institute (International) – http://passivehouse.com/
BRE (Building Research Establishment) – http://www.passivhaus.org.uk/